Direct Debit collection facts
No wonder so many prefer Direct Debit collection
Direct Debit collection through SmartDebit is the safest and most efficient way for your business, club or charity to collect funds:
- 33 million people in the UK use Direct Debit.
- Direct Debit collection is the preferred payment method for over 50% of our bill paying population for insurance, memberships, subscriptions, utilities, and donations.
- 44% of all regular bills are paid for by Direct Debit.
- Direct Debit collection is the most popular method of paying bills compared to cheques (20%), cash (15%), credit cards (4%) and debit cards (1%).
- As a trading name of Payment Solutions Ltd, we form one of the UK’s largest BACS-approved commercial Direct Debit bureaus and have processed over 150 million customer transactions.
- SmartDebit’s service adheres rigidly to standards required by all leading banks and payment schemes.
- 73% of cable and satellite bills, 75% of mortgages, 48% council tax, 42% of water rates, 47% of TV licences, 53% of gas and 50% of electricity bills are paid by Direct Debit collection.
- Over 5 billion transactions are processed annually.
- SmartDebit has in-depth experience in payment processing dating back to 1998.